11:00 to 11:55 a.m. / W-192-A
Session Topic: Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT): What it is and How to Use it to Make Decisions to Improve Your Business
MTConnect, Big Data, Industrial Internet of Things, and cloud computing – what are these and what do they mean for your business? How are all these inter-related and how can you take advantage of them to gather data, analyze it, and make better decisions to improve your business outcomes?
This session will:
- Explore the evolution of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Discuss how the industry has actually been using IIoT, even before it had a name
- Consider some of the security concerns
- Demonstrate how to use it to your advantage
- We’ll look at practical applications of IIoT, both current and future, and show how you can use it to your advantage to improve quality, reduce costs and increase productivity.
Vice President of Engineering & Technology
Okuma America Corp.
Jim Kosmala joined Okuma America Corp. in 2012 as vice president of engineering and technology and is responsible for engineering, OSP controls, and new technologies for Okuma machine tool applications in North, Central and South America.
Okuma America Corp. is a leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools and CNC controls. For more than a century, Okuma has pursued excellence, leveraging master craftsmanship to create innovative technologies that break new ground.
IMTS 2016 Booth #S-8500